New Jerusalem Baptist Church seeks to make disciples in every household in and around the Chapel Oaks community and support home and foreign missions in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world.
Many faces, one faith. We are a diverse group of believers – ministers, musicians, social workers, teachers, doctors, bankers, public servants, business owners, parents – united by our shared faith in a loving GOD.
New Jerusalem Baptist Church takes its inspiration from Ezekiel 34:16 “I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed. . ."
We are an integral part of the Chapels Oaks, MD community, lighting the way to eternal life through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Our weekly Worship, Sunday School, Bible Study and Prayer Service are instruments of that light.
Thomas J. Henderson ...........………………………..………………………. Pastor
Robert P. Campbell ……………............……………..........Assistant to the Pastor
Chairman, Trustee Board
Walter I. White ………………………………….............. Chairman, Deacon Board
Anthony Harris ................................... Chairman, Building Upkeep Committee
Dana Green ……………………………………………......................... Church Clerk
Jordana White. ...........……………………………………… Financial Secretary
Barbara Henderson ………………………….......... Chairman, Deaconess Board
Clinton Wike …………………..........……………………..…….. Minister of Music
So you do know and have not forgotten, right? In the midst of all that is going on in these times, Satan is still walking to and fro seeking who he can devour. And, he is not only after us, but also our young. As the kids say, STAY WOKE!
Satan frequently attacks them through their music, media, advertising, peers, clothing fashions. Today, even more so than ever; there are quick and easy opportunities to make dirty money through gambling, drugs, pornography, etc. The world spends millions in advertising and ALL of its time, to convince our children to smoke, drink, and whatever will make them money. Are you aiding Satan and the world by unintentionally exposing your kids to your loose example of chasing false idols, “slightly” twisting the truth when convenient, listening to ungodly music, and surfing the internet without setting limits. STAY WOKE!
We fail our kids, grandkids, and other young ones, no matter how good they seem, because they vulnerable and easily influenced and need godly guidance no matter how busy we are by because of world troubles. We must take seriously, our charge and duty to the Lord to consistently teach and guide our youth to live by godly standards. We must STAY WOKE!
Proverbs 3 tells of the great things in store for youth who follow Christ. The scriptures tells of long life and peace, favor in the sight of God and man, health and strength, abundance, happiness, wisdom and more for the person who trusts honors, and fears the Lord! But they have to STAY WOKE!
Please, our youth need us! STAY WOKE!
MINISTER: By what common and gracious experience do we enter into spiritual fellowship and covenant relations with God and with one another?
CONGREGATION: Having been led, as we believe, by the spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ
MINISTER: What is the great bond of our union with God and each other?
CONGREGATION: We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love.
MINISTER: What are our great privileges and duties as members of the New Jerusalem Baptist Church?
CONGREGATION: To strive for the advancement of this Church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines.
MINISTER: What vows do we gladly make as stewards of that which God has entrusted to us? '
CONGREGATION: To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel throughout all nations.
MINISTER: For the sake of our homes and our loved ones, what gracious task do we humbly assume?
CONGREGATION: We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid @ tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drink as a beverage, and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Saviour.
MINISTER: Since one is our master, even Christ, and all we are brethren, by what fraternal ministries are we to strengthen each other and adorn the teachings of our Lord and Saviour?
CONGREGATION: We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Saviour, to seek it without delay.
MINISTER: Upon removing from the Washington, D.C. area, what solemn pledge do we make?
CONGREGATION: We moreover engage that, when we remove from this place, we will as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's word.
MINISTER and CONGREGATION: Humbly confessing our past sins, we pray for grace and strength to keep these, our holy vows, for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord, and the edification of His Church.
MINISTER: And now unto Him, who brought again from the dead, Our Lord Jesus, be Power and Glory forever, Amen.
1. BAPTISTS believe in one God, the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit- three persons, yet one God.
2. BAPTISTS believe in the deity and the humanity of Jesus Christ, who is none other than God the Son manifest in the flesh, and in whom all the fullness of the Godhead dwells forever.
3. BAPTISTS believe that Jesus Christ is the one only Head of the Church; that all believers are equally priests unto God; that ordination, while it recognizes position, bestows no power; that the local church is independent and sovereign.
4. BAPTISTS believe that all men are sinners needing a Saviour; that salvation is only and altogether through simple faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins-faith always accompanied by works meet for repentance, and that without such faith there can be no salvation here or hereafter.
5. BAPTISTS believe in unbroken conscious existence after death determined by life before death: in the personal second coming of Christ to judge the world; in the resurrection of the body which for those who die in the Lord shall be like Christ's glorious body; in the eternal weal of the saved and the eternal woe of the lost.
II. What Baptists Stand For
1. BAPTISTS stand for the Bible. It is their law, their creed, and their final authority in all matters relating to faith and practice.
2. BAPTISTS stand for regeneration or "the birth from above" as a basis of church membership.
3. BAPTISTS stand for believer's baptism, the immersion of the believer in water in obedience to Christ's command in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, as a symbol of the death to the old life and the resurrection to the new.
4. BAPTISTS stand for the separation of Church and State, and for the largest measure of civil and religious-liberty.
5. BAPTISTS stand for education, evangelism, and world-wide missionary endeavor.
As believers in Christ of the Baptist denomination, our object is to worship God in Christ, fellowship together in Christian love, preach Christ, teach and practice Christianity as taught in the New Testament, and carry out the principles of God's word. We further aim to witness for Christ in word and deed to the effect that others shall be won to the saving knowledge of Christ by our example. We further aim to promote orderly and godly living and dedicated Christian service among our constituency for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ. We further aim to advance the work of Christian Missions on both home and foreign fields.
Founding Pastor Miles
Leslie Miles. wife of founding Pastor Miles
Faithful member and mother of Minister Robert Campbell.
Our former Financial Secretary and the wife of Minister Robert P. Campbell, I still love you!
Our former Chairman of the Deacon Board, the husband of Deaconess Grace Burch
Faithful member and sister of the Deaconess Grace Burch
Faithful member and sister of the Deacon Grace Burch.
Faithful member and brother-in-law of Deaconess Grace Burch